How you can help women and children who are facing homelessness in Chester County
Critical Goods and Funds to Prevent Homelessness
Hundreds of single women and mothers are struggling to keep their homes in Chester County. Many single moms and older women are only one pay check away from experiencing homelessness. Home of the Sparrow provides a safety net for women and children in Chester County in times of crisis and to prevent the trauma of homelessness.
To assist single women in having a permanently safe place to call home, we provide supportive housing services and critical goods such as clothing, food, school supplies and hygiene products. This makes it possible for the women in our programs to recover from unexpected events such as the death of a spouse, an accident or loss of employment, to build savings, pursue further education and to better their employment.
You can support single women, mothers and their children who are facing homelessness in Chester County in the following ways:
- Hold a drive to collect items from our Needs List at your workplace, place of worship, school, club or in your community
- Celebrate special occasions such as your birthday by asking your guests to donate items or funds
- Participate in our Meals-in-a-box program
- Participate in our Wednesday Supper Club!
- Donate a vehicle
- Due to storage limitations, we are not able to accept furniture donations